I have always used regular whole wheat flour and I was wondering why my pancakes and other baked goodies were a little dense and tasted too healthy. Until I bought this white whole-wheat flour, which planet was I on all these days?? I guess I was spending too much time in the baby food aisle that I completely missed the baking aisle. But as they say, it is better late than never and I’m so happy that I ran out of my old ww flour.
This recipe is from Vegetarian Bible by Sarah Brown.Ingredients:
Whole-wheat Pastry flour – 1¼ cupsWhole-wheat flour – ½ cup (Skip WW pastry flour and use 1¾ cups ww-flour)
Wheat Germ – 2tbspBaking powder – 1tsp
Baking Soda – 2tspSalt – ½tsp
Eggs – 2, well beatenButter – 2tbsp, melted
Buttermilk – 1¼ cupsVanilla extract – 2tsp
- Whisk all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk all the wet ingredients in a small bowl.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until everything is well incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Heat a nonstick skillet on medium flame; add 1 tbsp oil and wipe of with a paper towel. Pour about ¼ cup batter and cook till bubbles form on the top; about 1-2 minutes. Flip and cook for another 1 minute.
- Serve warm with maple syrup and fruit.
This is my entry to Mansi's Bread Baking Day: Quick Breads event. BBD is the brainchild of Zorra @ Kochtopf.Pin It Now!