These bars are full of whole grains which makes it healthy and filling. AND they are easy and quick to make. Recipe is from Vegetarian Bible by Sarah Brown.
Recipe adapted from Vegetarian BibleIngredients:
Margarine – 1 cup (I used Earth Balance Soy margarine)Honey – ½ cup
Light Brown Sugar – ½ cupWhole Wheat flour – 2 cups
Rolled Oats – 2¼ cupsRaisins – 1 cup
Walnuts – ½ cup, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 7”x11” baking pan.
- In a small saucepan, melt margarine, honey and sugar on medium flame.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk flour, oats, raisins and walnuts until well combined.
- When the margarine mixture comes to a boil, add to the flour mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- When done, remove from the oven and score into 12 pieces. Cool completely in the pan before removing the bars.
Check out DK's wonderful Cranberry & Oats Bars.