Cook's Hideout: Carrot-Coconut Curry

February 09, 2007

Carrot-Coconut Curry

Continuing with the sweet & tangy theme, I made Carrot & Coconut curry. Both carrot and coconut are naturally sweet, so I didn’t add any other sweetener to this dish. I made it little tangy by adding lemon juice.

Ingredients:
Carrots – 4 medium, finely chopped
Onion – 1 large, finely chopped
Grated Coconut (Fresh or dry) – ½ cup
Green chilies – 2
Red chili powder – ½ tsp
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – 4-6

Method:
  • Heat 1tbsp oil in a pan, add urad dal, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and when the seeds splutter add onions and fry for about 7-10 minutes or until slightly caramelized, but not burnt.
  • Meanwhile microwave carrots with water for about 6-8 minutes until they are just tender.
  • Add carrots to onions and sauté on medium high flame for 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in grated coconut, lemon juice, chili powder and salt.
  • Mix well and cook for another 5 minutes. Serve with rice or chapattis.

8 comments:

  1. Nice COmbo Pavni..... Looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice koora recipie,its a typical andhra koora I should say!! thx for reminding me of the lovely koora,will give a try ASAP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great Pavani.I just bought big bag carrots yesterday,will try!:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...coconut and carrots...hmmm...very creative...~smile~...thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pavani

    The carrot curry looks so yummy. Thanks for the easy and delicious recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks easy Pavni and carrots are all time there in my fridge too.
    Thanx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried this recipe over the weekend. It came out really well. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cooked the same... came out great.. thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips