Cook's Hideout: Virgin Sangrita

September 27, 2014

Virgin Sangrita

Bobby Flay's Sangrita had tequila in it, but I made a virgin version of it. It has just about all the tastes in it -- it's spicy, tangy, salty and sweet. I made just 2 servings, both for me. I was hoping to drink the second glass later, but my 2 year old really liked it and drank more than half from the second glass.
Virgin Sangrita
The recipe calls for tomato juice, but I didn't want to buy a whole bottle just for ½cup in this recipe. So I made my own tomato juice using tomato paste. This juice tastes much better than the bottled tomato juice because it doesn't have any added salt or sugar.

Virgin Sangrita

Recipe adapted here;
Sangrita:
IngredientsMakes 2 drinks
Tomato juice - ½cup (2tbsp tomato paste mixed in ½cup of water)
Fresh Orange juice - ¼cup
Lime juice - 2tbsp
Agave syrup - 1tbsp
Worcestershire sauce -  1tsp
Hot sauce - 1~2 drops
Pepper - to taste
Salt & Smoked Paprika - 1tbsp salt mixed with 1tsp paprika
Lime slices - for garnish

Method:
  • Combine tomato juice, orange juice, lime juice, agave syrup, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and pepper. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve.
  • Mix salt & smoked paprika in a plate. Rub the rim of the glass with lime and dip into the salt-paprika mixture. 
  • Pour into serving glasses, put lime slices and serve chilled.
Virgin Sangrita
Check the complete Mexican brunch here
Signature

2 comments:

  1. Your daughter is going to be foodie just like mommy.. :) Spicy tangy beverage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this agave syrup is making me curious...this sangrita looks apt for the hot weather right now, to kill the inner heat

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips