Disclosure: I was selected as a member of Honest Cooking for this sponsored post on behalf of The Florida Keys. Some of the content and photos of Florida Keys have been provided by the sponsor.
Sunday was the first day of Spring and it SNOWED!! Oh I wish I was in a warmer place, how about Key West. It sounds just like heaven now. It was a favorite destination for Ernest Hemingway, Jimmy Buffett, and many more.
Mock Tuna Sandwich Wrap (Serves 2)Ingredients:
To make Mock Tuna:
- ¼cup Chickpea flour
- ¼cup Cooked Chickpeas, coarsely mashed
- 1tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1tbsp Olive Oil
- 1tsp Lemon juice
- To Taste Salt & Pepper To make the Sandwich Wrap:
- 2 Wholegrain or Other Flour Tortillas
- ½ Avocado
- 2tbsp Red Onion, finely chopped
- 1~2tsp Lemon juice
- As needed Spinach leaves
- As needed Thinly sliced Tomatoes
- To taste Salt & Pepper
- Make the Vegan Tuna: In a mixing bowl, combine chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper. Add olive oil, lemon juice and ¼cup of water. Whisk until well combined. Stir in the mashed chickpeas and mix well.
- Heat 2tsp oil in a nonstick pan on medium-high heat. Pour the chickpea mixture and spread it around in the pan. Lower the heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 5~7 minutes. Flip and it's OK if the cake breaks a little. Cover and cook on the other side for another 5~7 minutes or until lightly browned on both sides. Turn off the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- To make the 'Tuna' Salad: In a small bowl, mash avocado along with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Break the 'tuna' into pieces and add to the mashed avocado along with red onions. Stir well to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Make the Sandwich Wrap: Place a layer of tomatoes, top it with spinach leaves and half of the tuna salad. Place the corner closest to you over the filling and fold the sides in. Then fold everything over to make the wrap. Repeat for the second wrap. Serve right away.