Today’s the last day of our 7 day blogging marathon. I’m going to miss doing this every day and will miss all of my fellow marathoners. I have an excellent 30 minute meal recipe that is very versatile and super delicious.
Tacos are nothing but corn or flour tortillas wrapped around a filling. I used ingredients I had on hand to make the filling, but there are endless variations to make these. Here’s how I put my tacos together.
Soy chorizo – 6 oz. (½ of 12oz. package) (substitute with 1 cup of cooked soy granules or TVP instead)
Black beans – ¼ cup
Spinach – 1 cup, chopped (thawed if frozen)
Tomato paste – 1tbsp
Onion – 1 medium, chopped
Garlic – 1 clove, minced
Red pepper flakes – ¼ tsp
Cayenne pepper – ½ tsp (or to taste)
Salt – to taste
Pepper jack cheese
Grape tomatoes etc.
- Heat 2tsp oil in a sauce pan; add red pepper flakes, onions and garlic and sauté until onions are lightly browned around the edges, about 5 minutes.
- Add the soy chorizo and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Next add tomato paste, cayenne pepper, salt and mix well. Cook for another 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle some water if the mixture starts to stick to the pan.
- Add spinach, salt and black beans; cover covered until spinach wilts and beans are heated through, about 5-6 minutes.
- Warm taco shells and place 2-3 tbsp of filling in the middle, top with your favorite garnishes and serve.
30 Minutes Meals: