Last night’s meal was a breeze to make; Spinach Linguine with Pesto & Artichokes, from Isa’s Veganomicon. I used regular linguine instead of spinach flavored one and it was still delicious. Also the recipe calls for Cilantro-Basil pesto, I used regular basil pesto, and again we liked and enjoyed the dish.
Recipe adapted from VeganomiconPin It Now!
Linguine – ½ lb
Red Onion – 1 medium, chopped into thin half moons
Garlic – 3 clovesPesto – about 2/3 cup (or more), I used 5 cubes of frozen pesto made from hereArtichokes – 1 16 oz. can, drained and rinsed, cut into quarters (not the marinated in oil kind, but the once in brine)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and season with generous amount of salt. Add linguine to water and bring to a boil and simmer for at least 10 minutes or until tender (al dente).
- In the meantime, heat 2tbsp oil in a large skillet; add the onions and sauté until lightly browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Pasta should be cooked by this time; using a slotted spoon carefully add the pasta into the onion mixture along with some of the pasta water.
- Mix in pesto and artichokes. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Serve hot.