Cook's Hideout: Day 2

October 02, 2009

Day 2

For the 2nd Veganmofo day, I made this Gujarati Thali with dishes from my dear blogger buddies. First up is Trupti @ The Spice Who Loved Me’s Bharelu Ringan Shaak. Being a sucker for all eggplant dishes, I wanted to make this dish the minute I saw it on her blog. Stuffing Japanese eggplants instead of regular Indian ones was very interesting and the Japanese eggplant gives a slightly sweet taste to the spicy filling. Yum.. this is a keeper.

To go with the Gujarati “shaak” I made Gujarati dal, Osaman, from DK’s Chef in You. Loved the addition of chopped peanuts, it adds a totally new dimension to regular good ‘ol dal.

So I served my Gujarati meal with a side of rotis, steamed rice and mango pulp (this one’s for my DH). Loved it.


  1. What a great looking meal!

  2. That looks like a very yummy meal!

  3. I don't understand how there is so much deliciousness on one page. Everything looks amazing!

  4. WOW! Super scrummy. I LOVE Indian food especially Thali 'cos I like having lots and lots of different things.

  5. Food looks gorgeous! Makes me hungry!

  6. Would love to have that plate right now. Looks very delicious.


Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips