Kandi pappu (Toor dal) - 1/2 cup
Senaga pappu (Channa dal) - 1/2 cup
Pesara pappu (Moong dal) - 1/2 cup
Menapappu (Urad dal) - 1/2 cup
Rice - 1/2 cup
Red Chilies - 6
Seasoning/ Popu Ingredients:
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2tsp
Asafoetida - pinch
Curry leaves - 6
Oil - 2tsp
- Soak the first 5 ingredients in enough cold water for atleast 4hours.
- Grind them with red chilies and salt into a smooth batter similar to that of dosa.
- Heat oil in a small pan, when hot add all the seasoning/popu ingredients.
- Add the seasoning ingredients to the batter and mix well.
- Heat a griddle on medium heat and pour about 2 ladleful of batter. Spread the batter around with the ladle.
- Add 1/2 tsp of oil around the dosa and let it cook for about 3 minutes.
- Flip the dosa and cook for another 2 minutes.
- You can make them either thick (like utappams) or waffer thin (like dosas).
- Serve hot with any chutney (coconut/ peanut etc) you like.
- These "Ada" are like kicked-up dosa and are really quick and delicious.