Cook's Hideout: Tomato Cheese Sandwich with Pesto

July 04, 2016

Tomato Cheese Sandwich with Pesto

Blogging Marathon# 66: Week 1/ Day 2
Theme: 3 Veggies that are Fruit
Dish: Tomato Cheese Pesto Sandwich
Tomato is probably the most popular vegetable that is in fact a fruit. Today I have a simple sandwich recipe that needs just a few ingredients but tastes absolutely amazing -- Tomato Cheese Sandwich with Pesto.
Caprese Sandwich with Pesto
This dish doesn't really need a recipe. Assemble the ingredients listed in the name, pile them on bread and enjoy as is or if you like the cheese melted and the bread toasted, then grill the sandwich. I like it toasted, so that's how I served it.

Caprese Sandwich with Pesto
Speaking of tomato, I was so excited to see the little flowers on my backyard tomato plants ( my 3 year old was ecstatic about the little tomatoes that were just developing), but the deer ate them ALL in one night. This is the first year that happened and I was so disappointed. Initially it was exciting to see the deer in the neighborhood (silly me took some pictures of them too), but now I wish they go back to where they came from.
We fenced and meshed up our little raised garden and the first thing I do everyday is to peek into the backyard to see if everything's alright. Keeping my fingers crossed that we can enjoy some of the tomatoes before deer get to them. Anyway in the meantime enjoy this easy to make sandwich. 


Tomato Pesto & Cheese Sandwich

Ingredients:
  • 2 Whole grain Bread Slices
  • 1 Medium Tomato, thinly sliced
  • 2 Fresh Mozzarella cheese slices
  • 1tbsp Pesto (homemade or store bought)
  • To taste Salt & Pepper
Method:
  1. Spread pesto on one side of the bread slices. Top with tomato and mozzarella, sprinkle with salt and pepper, press and serve.
  2. If you want, grill the sandwich until nicely toasted and the cheese has melted.
Caprese Sandwich with Pesto
Photo idea from Bon Appetit magazine.
 
Lets check out what my fellow marathoners have cooked today for BM# 66.
Signature

9 comments:

  1. Those tomatoes look so good Pavani..I love this grilled cheese....hope your crop gets saved..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a sandwich bug and would love this one anytime..nice , crisp and juicy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LIpsmacking here, such a fabulous sandwich, definitely a satisfying one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sandwich looks amazing. I love anything pesto! Besides, the shots can definitely make it to any cookbook! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kind of sandwich,looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the tomato mozzarella sandwich that they serve in Panera. Yours reminds me of that and I am craving for some right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Easy way to please your kids who are always hungry during holidays😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely a healthy n tasty sandwich

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely clicks of a healthy yummy sandwich

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips