It's already the 4th day of our Blogging Marathon. I'm enjoying myself doing this everyday and I'm sure my son's happy too since I'm asking him what he wants to eat, so I can make him something and post it on the blog too (since the theme I've chosen for the marathon is "kid-friendly" dishes).
For today's lunch, I steered him toward noodles since I wanted to make some myself. I asked him "Do you want some noodles for lunch today??", he cheered and said "Noodles, Noodles!!", so there we have Veggie Noodles for lunch.
My 3 year old likes to slurp on noodles, he starts to slurp and blow with his mouth even before putting the spoon in his mouth. I make him "Maggi" noodles occasionally and really like the new "Atta noodles" that Maggi came up with. The seasoning sachets have dehydrated veggies and one pack makes for a quick meal for my little one.
I had some roasted vegetables in the fridge that I used in this dish which made making the noodles a snap, everything got done in about than 10 minutes (not including the time to boil water for noodles). If you don't have roasted veggies, simply sauté the veggies of your choice until crisp tender and proceed with the recipe.
Hakka Noodles - 1 pkg
Red Onion - 1 small, thinly sliced
Cabbage - 1 cup, thinly sliced (quarter of a medium sized cabbage head)
Roasted vegetables - 1 cup (I roasted Zucchini, Japanese eggplant & red pepper in a 425°F oven for 30-35 minutes with some salt, pepper, olive oil and balsamic vinegar)
Soy sauce - 2tsp
Sriracha sauce (red chili sauce) - 1tsp (or per taste)
Ginger - 1" piece, finely grated (I use a microplane to grate it really fine)
Garlic - 2 cloves, minced
Salt - to taste
Don't forget to check out what the other Marathoners are cooking up in their kitchens.
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain well and spread on a plate. Mix in some oil to prevent sticking and set aside.
- Heat 2tsp peanut oil on medium-high flame in a large wok; add ginger and garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Next add onion & cabbage and stir-fry until the veggies are crisp tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the roasted veggies, sauté for another minute.
- Add soy sauce, chili sauce, salt and the cooked noodles. Stir-fry for another minute or until the noodles are heated through. Serve hot.
Pin It Now!