Cook's Hideout: Warm Soybeans Salad

January 19, 2007

Warm Soybeans Salad

I soaked soybeans yesterday morning to make a recipe that I got from Tarla Dalal’s site. By the time we came back home from work last night, it was late and I didn’t have the time or patience to make the dish. But I had to make something for today’s lunch and this was the quickest dish I could think of.

Ingredients:
Soybeans – 1 cup
Onions – 1 large, chopped
Green chilies – 3, chopped
Cumin powder – ½ tsp
Red chili powder – ½ tsp
Chaat masala – ½ tsp
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – 5-6
Fresh mint leaves – 2 tbsp, chopped
Salt – to taste

Method:
  • Soak soybeans overnight. Rinse and drain the beans thoroughly.
  • Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and curry leaves and when the seeds splutter, add onions and sauté till tender.
  • Add soybeans and sauté on medium high till they turn lightly brown.
  • Turn off the heat and add the powders, salt, lemon juice and mint. Mix well and serve warm or cold.
This is my entry to Pooja's: Creative Ideas - Vegetable of the week - Beans series.

6 comments:

  1. Hi pavani,
    One question, Do I need to Pressure Cook beans?? Soya bean salad looks very healthy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! You know,I have never tried Sou Beans so far.I have got get some.Thanks for this.Today is grocery day for me!;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. A healthy dish and Most of the days my lunch box will be with sprouted beans only. Tks Viji

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Pavani..nice and healthy entry for veggie of the week..will try if as I am going to get soyabeans today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi MT, I didnt pressure cook the beans and salad was on the CRUNCHY side. You might want to pressure cooking to get more softer beans.

    Hi Asha, you should try soy beans. They have a very earthy taste to them. Try and let me know if you liked them.

    Thank you Vini and Viji.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Health recipe. I can use edamame beans right, they are the same as soybeans.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips