Basmati Rice – 1½ cups (soaked in water for at least ½ hr)
Potatoes – 2 small or 1 medium
Mixed vegetables (carrots, beans, peas) – ½ cup (I used frozen mixed vegetables)
Onion – 1 medium thinly sliced
Pudina (Mint) – ½ cup
Green chilies – 2-3
Chili powder – ½ tsp
Ginger-garlic paste – ½ tsp
Garam masala – ½ tsp
Salt – to taste
Cinnamon – 1” stick
Cardamom – 2-3 pods
Bay leaf – 1
Cloves – 2-3
- Make a paste of mint and green chilies adding very little water.
- Heat 2tbsp of oil in pressure cooker. Add all the spices and sauté for 1minute.
- Add onions and ginger-garlic paste fry till translucent. Add all the veggies, mint-chili paste mix well.
- After the veggies sweat out for about 5 minutes, add rice, chili powder, garam masala, salt and water. Pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Serve hot with onion raita and chips.
Pin It Now!