Cook's Hideout: Rose Milkshake

June 24, 2016

Rose Milkshake

It's officially Summer in our neck of woods and the temperatures are slowly rising. So this colorful and refreshing Rose milkshake is just perfect for the season. Recipe is from a TV cooking show.
Rose Milk shake
It wasn't until recently that I got to know that my mom likes rose milkshake. We were talking on the phone a few weeks ago and she was telling me about how she used to drink it when she was little. I wish she had told me that while she was in US, I would have made this for her. Next time she visits us, I know what to make for her.
Milkshake with Rose
I love the beautiful pink color rose syrup gives the drink. It might be perfect to serve for Mother's day :-)
Milkshake with Rose 

Rose Milk shake
Ingredients:
  • 2cups Milk (Dairy or non-dairy -- I used Almond milk)
  • 2tbsp Sugar (adjust as per taste)
  • 2~3tbsp Rose Syrup (adjust as per taste)
  • ½cup Vanilla Ice Cream
  • ½tsp Vanilla extract
  • As needed Chopped Almonds, for garnish
Method:
  1. Combine all the ingredients (except the almonds) and blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve chilled with chopped almonds on top.
Milkshake with Rose





Linking this to Valli's 'Cooking from Cookbook ChallengeJune -- Week 4'.
Signature

8 comments:

  1. I thought you made it rooh afza. Lately even I am making lot of rose milk but with rooh afza. I should try this next time and have all the ingredients at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Addition of vanilla ice cream tastes yumm

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaah !! so simple to make yet looking so delicious :) captured so well, Pavani !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh the colour looks stunning Pavani, such a pretty setup!..

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow a gorgeous and refreshing summer drink

    ReplyDelete
  6. The color of the milkshake is so gorgeous, Pavani! Must have tasted divine :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks really refreshing! I've had loads of rose milk as a kid too

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips