Summer is officially here and we are already in the middle of serious Grilling season. With 4th of July approaching real fast, I thought I will share some of my favorite dishes that can be made for your next backyard bbq or bring them to a potluck or even a picnic.
For the Cheesecake Layer:
Heavy Cream - 1½cups
Confectioners Sugar - ½cup
Cream Cheese - 6 oz., at room temperature
Dark Chocolate - 4oz., chopped
Oreo cookies - 16~18 (or any other chocolate wafer cookies)
Heath Toffee bits - 1 cup (or any other toffee bits)
Pecans - 1 cup, chopped
- Prep the Ingredients: Grind the oreos into a powder. Place them in a bowl.
- Place the heath toffee bits and pecans in 2 bowls.
- Make the Cheesecake layer: Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler until smooth. Cool completely. Place 1 oz. of the melted chocolate in a ziplock bag and snip a tiny piece from the corner.
- Beat cream with the confectioners sugar until soft peaks form. Add the softened cream cheese and 3 oz. of the melted chocolate. Beat until everything is combined and smooth.
- To Assemble: Place 2tsp of the oreo powder in the bottom of the jar. Top it with 1tbsp whipped chocolate cream, followed by 1~2tsp each of heath toffee bits and chopped pecans.
- Top this with 1tsp of oreo powder, 2tsp whipped chocolate cream, 1tsp each of heath toffee bits and chopped pecans.
- Drizzle chocolate on the top. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Looking for more Vegetarian recipes to make for this Grilling/ BBQ/ Summer parties. Here's the link, browse, pick, make, serve and Enjoy!!