Cook's Hideout: Mango Pachadi (South Indian style Sweet Mango Chutney)

May 11, 2014

Mango Pachadi (South Indian style Sweet Mango Chutney)

Blogging Marathon# 40: Week 2/ Day 2
Theme: Mango Mania
Dish: Mango Pachadi
As I was thinking for recipes to make for this weeks theme, I saw this sweet mango pachadi as part of Tamil Nadu thali on both Sandhya's & Jayanthi's blogs. It sounded sweet, tangy and spicy. I had some chopped mangoes in the freezer and I went ahead and made this chutney. It tasted great with white rice, curd rice and even roti.
Mango Pachadi (South Indian style Sweet Mango Chutney)
The jaggery I used was a little dark that made the chutney a little darkish instead of the golden color in Sandhya's and Jayanthis blogs. Taste was however right on point.

Recipe from Sandhya's recipe:
Ingredients:
Mango - 1 large, peeled, deseeded and diced
Jaggery (or brown sugar) - ½cup, grated (adjust as per taste)
Sugar - 2tbsp
Green Chili - 1 small, finely chopped
Mustard seeds - ½tsp
Salt - to taste

Method:

  • Cook mango pieces with some water until cooked through and tender.
  • Add jaggery and sugar, mix well and bring the mixture to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until the mixture thickens, about 4~5 minutes. Remove from heat.
  • Heat 1tsp oil in a small saucepan, add the mustard seeds and green chilies. Once the seeds start to splutter, add the oil to the mango mixture and mix well. Enjoy!!
Mango Pachadi (South Indian style Sweet Mango Chutney)
Lets check out what my fellow marathoners have cooked up today for BM# 40.
Also linking to Fabulous Feast# 14, being hosted this week by Valli & Prachi.
Signature

8 comments:

  1. Looks very delish Pavani..I have a mango dish as well in waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me, this pachadi is our family favourite, cant resist to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tempting chutney.. I have to have it..

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so like me Pavani! I love the manga pachadi with curd rice and everyone teases me for that....Finally found someone who can relate to my taste buds :) Looks really good and I am tempted. My kids have taken over me and everytime they see raw mangoes, the demand comes for mango pachadi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it but unlike you I will prefer it with fulkas. hot fulka smeared with ghee and mango pachadi....yum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious. However, such sweet pickles are only for me :) oh and my older one says she would love to try this one too !

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mouth is watering just reading the ingredient list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never have tasted a sweet pachadi and looks like it would be a great spread for breads!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips