Cook's Hideout: Lemon Posset-A Quick & Easy Summer dessert

April 11, 2011

Lemon Posset-A Quick & Easy Summer dessert

This has to be the most decadent and the easiest dessert that I’ve ever made. With only 3 ingredients and about 10 minutes of hands-on time, it’s hard to believe the end result could be this tasty AND the technique is almost fool-proof.
When I saw this recipe on the stone soup blog with mouth watering pictures, I know I was going to make it very very soon. And the minute I saw I had some heavy cream leftover after making mango ice cream (recipe following soon), I made it and was not disappointed at all.

Lemon Posset3
Recipe adapted from the Stone Soup blog:
Ingredients:
Heavy Cream – 2 cups
Sugar – 2/3 cups
Lemon juice – 5tbsp
Ground Cardamom (Elaichi) – 1tsp

Method:
  • Whisk cream and sugar together and bring to a boil on medium heat.
  • Simmer for 3 minutes.
  • Turn off the heat and stir in lemon juice and elaichi. Cool for 10 minutes.
  • Pour into individual ramekins or bowls. Chill for at least 6-8 hours or overnight.
Here's a Pictorial for making Lemon Posset.

Lemon Posset

Lemon Posset1

Lemon Posset2

Lemon Posset4

Lemon Posset5

Enjoy this refreshing, lemony dessert anytime of the day and any season of the year. I think this
will be perfect dessert for summer bbq parties.
This goes to Aipi's Bookmarked Recipe Every Tuesday event - 36th edition.
Signature

10 comments:

  1. very refreshing indeed! Bookmarked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so perfect for summer ....looks yum

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a very refreshing dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pavani, you left me a comment to join MAITRI. Please do send me an email, so that I have your email and I can add you to the list :)

    Priya.mitharwal@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite an interesting and refreshing quick dessert..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am all for a quick and tasty recipe- it looks delightfully yum with the refreshing lemon flavor n the creamy texture! Was wondering if the recipe would work with half n half instead of cream ..
    Thanks a lot for linking this to bookmark event :)

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard of this recipe. looks so yummy! will the milk not become paneer if we add lemon?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all.

    Aipi, I'm not sure if the low fat content in Half-n-half will help in setting the posset. Let me know if you try it.

    Sharmi, I was worried about that too. But I think the high fat content in heavy cream (at least 35%) doesn't let it cuddle, but makes it into this creamy pudding consistency once chilled, it's pretty amazing how the state changes from liquid to semi-solid. Do try and let me know if you liked it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips