This dish came together as I tossed in everything that I thought would taste good in a pilaf (pulao). Quick and easy recipe.
Orzo Pasta – 1 cup
Onion – 1 medium, chopped
Potato – 1 large, diced
Frozen corn – ½ cup
Frozed Edamame – ½ cup
French cut beans, frozen – ½ cup
Miso – 2 tsp Ground
Cumin – 1 tsp
Chili powder – ½ tsp
Salt and Pepper – to taste
- Cook orzo according to package directions.
- Cook potato in little water in microwave until fork tender.
- Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a sauté pan, add the onions and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add all the frozen veggies along with the potatoes (drained) and cook on medium high until the edges start to brown.
- Add cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper and orzo. Mix well and let the flavors mingle for a couple of minutes.
- Add miso paste mixed in 2tsp water to orzo and cook for another 2 minutes. Serve warm.