Cook's Hideout: Mixed Vegetable Pasta

April 20, 2007

Mixed Vegetable Pasta

What do I do when I have to cook for myself and all that I have in the fridge is some left over pasta and some lonely veggies. The best part about cooking for myself is I don’t have to worry if my DH is going to like it or not. So I went with my whim and I made myself a big bowl of mixed vegetable pasta.

Ingredients:
Cooked pasta – 1 cup (I used whole wheat penne rigate)
Onion – 1 medium
Carrot – 1 large
Green pepper – 1 medium
Zucchini – 2 medium
Corn kernels – ½ cup (I used frozen corn)
Tomato – 1 medium
Lemon juice – 1tbsp
Red pepper flakes – 1tsp
Garlic powder – ½ tsp
Herbe de provence (or Italian seasoning) – 1 tsp
Salt & Pepper – to taste
Method:
  • Dice all the veggies to approximately the same size.
  • Heat 2tsp olive oil in a large pan on medium heat, add onions, carrots and green peppers and sauté for 8-10 minutes or until the veggies are slightly tender.
  • Add zucchini and corn and cook for another 5 minutes.
  • Add tomatoes, red pepper flakes, garlic powder and herbs. Cover and cook until tomatoes are tender but not mushy, about 3 minutes.
  • Toss pasta with the veggies, season with salt and pepper and let the pasta heat through for 5 more minutes.
  • Remove from heat, add lemon juice, mix well and serve hot with generous sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
You can also add/ substitute broccoli, asparagus, green beans, yellow squash, peas etc. to this dish. (These are the veggies I can think of from the top of my head right now). Also this makes lot of food for one person.

4 comments:

  1. Thats looks like one healthy and colourful dish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, pavani. just found your blog. the pasta dish looks healthy and wholesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy and nutritious Pavani!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank Pavani for sharing this recipe I will try it out sometime. I like pasta but never made it myself.
    thanks
    Aarthi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips