Cook's Hideout: Greek Cucumber and Chickpea Salad

March 11, 2016

Greek Cucumber and Chickpea Salad

Blogging Marathon# 62: Week 2/ Day 2
Theme: Salads
Dish: Greek Cucumber Salad
Today's salad is extremely easy to put together, very filling and absolutely refreshing. I made this salad along with Greek Lemony Dill rice that I posted last month. It is a great to serve as a side dish or on its own for a light meal.
Greek style Cucumber & Chickpea Salad
Recipe is from Cooking Light magazine. I wasn't a big fan of dill for a long time. I thought it had a very strong flavor that was overpowering. But recently I started liking it quite a bit, especially when used in Greek style dishes like tzatziki sauce or Spanakopitas.

Greek style Cucumber & Chickpea Salad
Dill absolutely makes this salad, giving it a fresh, herbaceous flavor that brightens up the whole dish. It is a satisfying bowl of crunchy, creamy and chewy textures.


Greek Cucumber & Chickpea Salad
Ingredients:
  • 1 Medium English Cucumber, thinly sliced
  • 1cup Cooked Chickpeas
  • 1 Medium Roasted Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
  • 4 Kalamata Olives, pitted and finely chopped
  • 3tbsp Feta Cheese, crumbled
  • 1tbsp Fresh Dill, chopped
  • For the Dressing:
  • 1tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1tbsp Red Wine vinegar
  • To taste Salt & Pepper
Method:
  1. Make the Dressing: Whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
  2. Make Salad: To the dressing, add chickpeas, bell peppers and olives. Toss to combine.
  3. Divide cucumber slices in 2 serving bowls and top with the chickpea mixture, cheese and dill. Serve right away.
Greek style Cucumber & Chickpea Salad

 
Lets check out what my fellow marathoners have cooked today for BM# 62.
Signature

13 comments:

  1. Sounds very delish ! I like d addition of feta here

    ReplyDelete
  2. My god, i want this fabulous salad, nutritious and absolutely delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still find the flavor of dill very strong an overpowering. Salad looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a nice, colourful and filling salad..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love Greek salads, they are so refreshing. Thanks for sharing this yummy salad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummm I do a similar kind and add this salad inside the pita pockets with hummus.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greek salad with chickpeas looks very filling and appetizing.Love to try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pictures make me want to grab the salad off the screen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks great! I love all the flavors in greek cooking - so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I gave up on dill long back, may be its time to give it another try. The salad looks nice and light.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how refreshing the salad looks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. a great salad and with protein - can be turned into a meal

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips