This is a special post for our blogging buddy PJ who is expecting her second child in a couple of weeks. Our ever enthusiastic blogging marathon group thought of having a virtual baby shower for PJ and all of us have cooked up a dish from her blog to celebrate this event.
PJ's space has a ton of awesome recipes and I had a lot of them bookmarked. I also chose a couple of dishes that I wanted to make for this celebration, but as usual time just flew out of my hands and I finally decided to make this very interesting and unique Oriental curd rice. I changed the recipe a little bit to suit our tastes.
Rice - 1/2 cup
Curd/ Yogurt - 1cup
Milk - 1/4cup
Green onions - 3, finely chopped
Carrot - 1 small, finely diced
Green chilies - 3, slit
Salt - to taste
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cum seeds - 1/2 tsp
Urad dal - 1/2tsp
- Cook rice until very soft. Keep aside to cool.
- Add yogurt, milk, turmeric and salt. Mix well and keep aside.
- Heat 2tsp oil in a small saucepan, add the tempering ingredients and once the seeds start to splutter, add the green onions and carrots and saute until cooked through, about 4-5minutes.
- Add veggies to the rice and mix well.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Here's wishing PJ hearty congratulations and all the very best for the new arrival from all of us.