Cook's Hideout: Vaishali's Applesauce Cake

November 16, 2009

Vaishali's Applesauce Cake

I wanted to make this cake as soon as I saw it on Vaishali’s blog. I had all the ingredients on hand and as Vaishali points out applesauce turns bad pretty quick even in the fridge. I usually buy a big bottle of applesauce for my son, but he being a 2 year old, has his mood swings and would not touch it for days together. I was in that rut and this cake was a savior; AND it tastes so good. It is the different spices that Vaishali adds makes it very special.
I made it non-vegan with the addition of egg instead of egg-replacer. You can find the original recipe here.

The changes I made are: Added 1 extra large egg instead of egg-replacer. Used pecans instead of walnuts.


  1. Looks delicious, I think most of the kids are the same during this phase. What they eat today, they will not touch tomm. It is better to go for single serve cups.

  2. I feel like tasting a slice! Look simply gorgeous!

  3. Scrumptious Cake, looks marvellous..

  4. your cake looks extremely delicious and has made me very hungry!

  5. Pavani, so glad you liked it-- it looks gorgeous.

  6. thanks for sending me to that recipe. sounds good.

  7. Cake looks lovely, moist and delicious with incredible flavors!


Thank you for stopping by my Hideout.

I really appreciate your feedback, so please feel free to leave your comment. I read all the comments you post, but I may not respond to them. Thank you for your time and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Blogging tips